A former Ray Charles “Raelette” (1991), Tracey Whitney began performing professionally at age eleven with her family singing group, The Whitney Family. She spent 5 years performing in Japan before launching an indie label, Babydoll Entertainment, releasing two solo albums to critical acclaim. She relocated to Albuquerque, NM in 2012, and performs her brand of “classic jazz & sophisticated soul” in some of ABQ’s most popular venues. She’s performed with a host of touring contemporary jazz elites, including: Will Donato, Marc Antoine, Euge Groove, Darren Rahn and Julian Vaughn, and some of her solo concerts have included: the NM Jazz Workshop’s Jazz Under the Stars “Women’s Voices Singing” and “Ladies Sing the Blues” at the ABQ Museum Amphitheater, The Outpost Performance Space, The Santa Fe Bandstand, Leonard Tischler’s Freedom Work – Folk Forms and Variations (featured vocalist), the Gazebo at Old Town, and the Live At The Lab music series at Isotopes Park. She’s performed twice for the New Mexico Black Expo, and in 2015 opened for famed soul crooner Howard Hewett (of the legendary vocal group Shalamar).
My music is available at CDBaby.com
- Tracey Whitney has a show on 04/28/2017 at 07:00 PM @ Hotel Andaluz in Albuquerque, NM reverbnation.com/q/6x66nj #concert 1 day ago
- Tracey Whitney has a show on 04/23/2017 at 02:30 PM @ Ca... in Los Ranchos de Albuquerque, NM reverbnation.com/q/6x56h8 #concert 2 days ago
- @acdavis51 And the hits just keep coming... 2 days ago
- RT @BlkSailsBrethrn: Safety first #BlackSails #BlkSailsBrethren https://t.co/91aT1b599Y 2 days ago
- @acdavis51 Squared! 😡 2 days ago
- Here’s my review of the new Lizz Wright CD, Freedom & Surrender, in the latest issue of Smooth Jazz Magazine. Great CD!
- R&B FUNK BASSIST BROTHERS JOHNSON’S LOUIS JOHNSON PASSES AT 60 -RIP
- HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMBASSADOR HERBIE HANCOCK LOOKING GOOD
- My ‘Brian Culbertson Live’ review for Smooth Jazz magazine
- JAZZ APPRECIATION MONTH in APRIL: JAZZ SPOKEN HERE ROBERT J. CARMACK & DALE FIELDER