I recently moved from my hometown of Los Angeles to Albuquerque, NM. People think I’m crazy since most musicians WANT to be in L.A. Well. L.A. is lovely, and I can appreciate the allure of the bight lights. But being from L.A. myself, I can tell you that it’s not all it’s chalked up to be – and if you’re not from there, it can break your heart (not to mention your soul). Instead, I chose to follow my heart (which has been pulled for years – no real logic), to the Land of Enchantment! I’m happy to say that my instincts were right. I had no idea what a big JAZZ TOWN ABQ is – there’s music going on here all the time! The moral of my story is this: with technology today (ala Reverb Nation, etc.), you can be anywhere your heart desires, and still be able to reach the industry people and fans you want to reach. I followed my heart, and I’m so glad I did…
A former Ray Charles “Raelette” (1991), Tracey Whitney began performing professionally at age eleven with her family singing group, The Whitney Family. She spent 5 years performing in Japan before launching an indie label, Babydoll Entertainment, releasing two solo albums to critical acclaim. She relocated to Albuquerque, NM in 2012, and performs her brand of “classic jazz & sophisticated soul” in some of ABQ’s most popular venues. She’s performed with a host of touring contemporary jazz elites, including: Will Donato, Marc Antoine, Euge Groove, Darren Rahn and Julian Vaughn, and some of her solo concerts have included: the NM Jazz Workshop’s Jazz Under the Stars “Women’s Voices Singing” and “Ladies Sing the Blues” at the ABQ Museum Amphitheater, The Outpost Performance Space, The Santa Fe Bandstand, Leonard Tischler’s Freedom Work – Folk Forms and Variations (featured vocalist), the Gazebo at Old Town, and the Live At The Lab music series at Isotopes Park. She’s performed twice for the New Mexico Black Expo, and in 2015 opened for famed soul crooner Howard Hewett (of the legendary vocal group Shalamar).
My music is available at CDBaby.com
- Kellyanne Conway Says Melania is 'Superior' First Lady to Michelle Obama tmz.com/2018/04/23/kel… via @TMZ 8 hours ago
- Was that when @FLOTUS was posing with her ass out in thigh high boots holding a gun? #JustSayNoToDrugs… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 8 hours ago
- @DRAGONAS777 @YippeeKimYay Yep, there's your role model... https://t.co/h38Ph1CEsK 1 day ago
- @jcoleyelco @Commonsenseb0t You forgot this part... https://t.co/3013hnPOuL 1 day ago
- @TomCharron2 @meridithmcgraw @jgm41 @PaulMorsePhoto https://t.co/05oeQmtwlL 2 days ago
- Here’s my review of the new Lizz Wright CD, Freedom & Surrender, in the latest issue of Smooth Jazz Magazine. Great CD!
- R&B FUNK BASSIST BROTHERS JOHNSON’S LOUIS JOHNSON PASSES AT 60 -RIP
- HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMBASSADOR HERBIE HANCOCK LOOKING GOOD
- My ‘Brian Culbertson Live’ review for Smooth Jazz magazine
- JAZZ APPRECIATION MONTH in APRIL: JAZZ SPOKEN HERE ROBERT J. CARMACK & DALE FIELDER